Playing with Watercolors on Mineral Paper
See how watercolors perform on Mineral Paper, a unique substrate made of calcium carbonate that never soaks through!
In our 7/21 live demo, artist Karen Elaine showed us how to paint with watercolor on mineral paper. See what different effects can be achieved on this one-of-a-kind substrate!
These are the items that Karen Elaine used in the demo (roughly in order of appearance):
- Mineral Paper (JMP series)
- Niji Artist Watercolors, Essential Set (NWS12)
- Niji Artist Watercolors Studio Set, 24 colors (NWS24)
- Niji® Watercolor Set, 15 Colors (NNC15)
- Fold Up Plastic Palette (YWP800) ... we also have great porcelain paint trays, too!
- Fusion Brushes (FS series)
- Baby wipes
- White Nights watercolors
- Stencils (one from Amazon, one from Megan Quinlan)
- Detail Master Pigment Liner Pens (DMPL)
- Posca paint marker
- Niji Watercolor Pencils 36 colors (NWP36)
- Derwent Inktense pencil
- Washi tape for masking