How to Swatch Watercolors
World Watercolor Month is here and we couldn't be more excited!
In this demo artist Karen Elaine shares her favorite techniques for swatching watercolors. This is the first part of a two-part series on watercolors. Get ready for a some colorful swatching fun!
Watch the video here:
Watercolor Swatch Templates
You can download watercolor swatch templates created by Karen Elaine:
To use these templates, print them on regular printer paper (scaled to "Actual Size" so they are 5" x 7") and use a light box trace them onto one of our Niji Watercolor Paper 5" x 7" sheets with a pigment-based pen or marker (we love using our Detail Master Pigment Liner Pens!)
These are the items Karen used in the demo:
- Niji Artist Watercolors, Essential Set (NWS12)
- Niji Watercolor Paper Pad, Cold Press (NCP-5) / Niji Watercolor Paper Pad, Hot Press (NHP-5)
- Fusion Brushes (FS series)
- Waffle flower swatch stamps
- Detail Master Pigment Liner Pens (DMPL)
- Fold Up Plastic Palette (YWP800) ... we also have great porcelain paint trays, too!
- Da Vinci gum arabic
- Niji Artist Watercolors Studio Set, 24 colors (NWS24)