SECRET HEART PAINTING
LET'S SURPRISE THE LITTLE ONES!Drawings and doodles are made with a white oil pastel or wax crayon on white paper, then watercolor is added for an artistic painting which can be a great looking greeting card. The oil pastel drawing will resist the watercolor so the paper stays white underneath. The pearlescent watercolors make the painting shimmer and bring out subtle highlights for a dazzling effect. This project is great for ages 7 and up.
- Niji Watercolors (NNC15) or Chinese Watercolors (CP12)
- Niji Pearlescent watercolors (found in PWCSK1 set)
- Niji White oil pastel (NOP12) or Niji Artist Blender Crayons (NACBL)
- Niji Waterbrush or Fusion Brushes (FS series)
- Multi media mineral paper (JMP series) or Niji Artist Watercolor Paper (NCP-5, NHP-5)
1. Draw onto the white paper using the white oil pastel or crayon. Simple designs and doodles will give you the best effect.
2. Paint freely with the watercolors over the entire surface of the paper. Using a wet brush loaded with color, drop bright colors into the spaces between the drawing. See how the oil pastel or clear crayon resists the watercolors.
4. Let the painting dry thoroughly and insert into a photo frame card to display.
- Have one person draw on the watercolor paper, and another can paint over the secret drawing to reveal the surprise image.
- Paint several layers from light to dark and draw with oil pastel or crayon between each layer.
- Mount the finished painting onto a greeting card or insert into a mat or picture frame.